GET LIVE, GET LOUD
This past Tuesday marked the grand finale of the summer event series we created, planned, designed, and produced for CCS. CCS, a subsidiary of Footlocker Inc, enlisted Automatic Media to execute a 2012 summer event tour.
The goals were to generate regional brand awareness and loyalty and to drive sales in the stores. They wanted this tour to hit at least 8 of their retail stores across the country and requested that whatever we came up with used the tag line “GET LIVE, GET LOUD”. This tag line was part of a campaign they did for their spring catalog, which featured LiL Wayne. After few intense and brutal brainstorming sessions we came up with the idea of using the iconic image of an 80’s vintage ghetto blaster. The ghetto blaster was to serve as creative basis to tie the events program together into one cohesive marketing and branding initiative.
After designing the tour branding and marketing materials we scoured our local thrift stores, Ebay, and Craigslist in search of an authentic 80’s Ghetto Blaster. The plan was to put the “CCS Ghetto Blaster” on tour and let it serve as the centerpiece of each event. Ultimately craigslist produced a beauty right in the nick of time. We branded it by painting it CCS Cyan and the “CCS GET, LIVE GET LOUD” ghetto blaster was born!
The tour featured the most-heavy hitting brands in skateboarding and their pro teams for autograph-signing appearances. In addition to the autograph signings we executed huge parties in the stores, which featured DJs, giveaways, and some serious good times.
The typical Get Live, Get Loud event went down like this:
- 10:00 AM- Store opens
- 10:00 AM -5:00 PM The Automatic team gets and keeps fans hyped with massive amounts of giveaways and general shenanigans never imagined possible within a public space.
- 10:00 AM-5:00 PM DJ butters the walls with high-energy beats.
- 12:00 PM Mall Security takes an Advil and chases it with Jim Bean.
- 3:00 PM Team riders enter the store and set forth a blaze of autograph signing and high fiving.
- 5:01 PM Autograph session ends when the last fan has his rusty razor scooter autographed by an international skateboarding celebrity.
- 5:02 PM Client is flabbergasted by the amount of sales and overwhelming joy that take place in the span of a few hours.
If your company is looking to create some serious brand loyalty via an event program give us a call to chat. We can make it happen!